So here we go...There are many changes to be made to this page. Let's call it work in progress shall we? But at least we're up and running. So excited!



Monday 28 February 2011

Chooeey, I'm Back! x

Like a little baby hedgehog I've finally come out of hibernation from the winter. Unlike a hedgehog though, I've awoken to a very unsightly veggie plot that is in desperate need of some TLC!
As I explained at the very start of this ere blog, I am very much an amateur at this whole 'grow your own' business and can't even begin to tell you how much pleasure I got out of it over thew summer months. However, as soon as the cold, damp, and miserable wet weather started to creep back in, I felt my self quickly taking several quick steps back inside the house to my lovely warm nest, far away from all things squelchy! I'll be honest, I didn't really have a clue what to do over winter. Our neighbours had suggested certain winter crops which would be ideal, but unfortunately I'd left it all a little too late to do anything about. Never fear though. I have taken this knowledge and will not be making the same mistakes again, (hopefully!).


So anyway, I finally plucked up the courage to take a peek at my plot to asses what the heck's going on over there. Apart from a few weeds here and there it's not actually looking too bad.  One things for sure though, my mini greenhouse has taken a proper battering in the nasty weather we've been having...nothing that can't be fixed though I'm sure. Oh, and I may be needing to do a swift operation on Kyle, (the scarecrow...named by Nicole, not me) as he is looking slightly worse for wear and a little bedraggled to say the least!


Once I finally get round to tarting the whole area up a little I'll be back on form to let you know about my progress.


Oh, and just so you know, I hold my husband ENTIRELY responsible for the neglect of the patch. Because he went to do Dancing on Ice, I ended up spending all my free time down at the ice rink. Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! x

No comments:

Post a Comment